At WCDayton we are striving to make this event fun and in doing so we have followed suite of WordCamp Sydney and created WordCamp Dayton BINGO!
You will need:
- A twitter account.
- A smartphone with a camera.
Game play is as follows:
Throughout the whole of the weekend’s events you are charged with ‘filling your bingo card’ with the names and faces of people who each fit the bill of the card spaces below.
‘Filling your card’ consists of taking pictures of the people you meet who fit each criteria and tweeting that picture, with the following information to your twitter account.
- the hashtags #WCDayton #bingo
- the relevant number on the ‘card’ (1-12) and
- the Name of the person you’ve just met and photographed.
The Bingo Card
- Three people who have never met each other before
- A WordCamp Dayton volunteer
- A WordCamp Dayton speaker
- Someone with a tattoo*
- A plugin developer for WordPress
- Someone born outside of Ohio
- Someone who’s been blogging with WordPress for 5 years or more
- Someone wearing WordPress related apparel
- Someone who’s met Matt (Matt Mullenweg)
- Someone for whom this is their first WordCamp
- Someone who works for WordPress as an Automattician
- A member of the Dayton WordPress MeetUp group
*bonus for a WP Tattoo
- This is not a race, there is no prize for rushing through it!
- You may not use the same person for more than one ‘Bingo Square’.
- You may post your images in any order.
- You must include the hashtags or we won’t find your picture (don’t join them up either, #WCDayton #bingo that’s it).
- You must meet the person you’re photographing… a picture of a speaker in action doesn’t count! (though take lots of those too!!).
- When you have posted all 12 photos, tweet to @daytonwp so we can see the results.